Please read these terms carefully before using this website.
- General Disclaimer
Users using the website www.africanskyhotels.com receive no warranties and African Sky Hotels and Resorts Proprietary Limited (“African Sky”) makes no representations regarding any aspect of the site including but not limited to the operation of the site, the content of the site, the accuracy of information on the site or the goods and services advertised or referred to on the site. To the extent permitted by law neither African Sky nor any of its associates shall be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatever nature arising from the use or inability to use the site or the services or content provided from and through this site.
The users usage of the African Sky website constitutes their acceptance of this general disclaimer and the terms, conditions and policies described below. African Sky reserves the right to at any time amend its terms, conditions and policies. These amendments will have immediate effect once posted on the website.
The terms, conditions and policies pertaining to any services appearing on this site shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa and application for any of the services offered on these pages or sites will constitute the users consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of the terms and conditions pertaining to such services.
The information, opinions and the like expressed on this site are not professional advice and do not necessarily represent the official opinion of African Sky or any of its associates.
- Website Use
African Sky Hotels and Resorts offers unequalled hospitality to provide a unique experience for every guest.
The information and material contained in this site is provided by African Sky Hotels and its subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities as a service to its customers.
2.2 Trademarks, Copyright, Licenses and Intellectual Property
This website is solely for personal and non-commercial use. Trademarks, text, logo’s, images, diagrams, pictures, copyright, licenses and intellectual property made available on this website are owned by African Sky.
2.3 On-Line Bookings
The use of the website for on-line bookings and transactions are done in accordance with the applicable on-line policy stipulated hereunder.
2.4 Warranties and Limitation of Liability
African Sky has made every effort to ensure information presented in the website is true and accurate. It is, however, accepted that African Sky will not be liable for any damages, losses or injury caused by, including but not limited to, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation of transmission, computer virus or line failure. It is also recorded that any information detailed on the website is not deemed as professional advice or instruction.
The user of the website also warrants to African Sky that every instruction and all information given shall be accurate, true and correct.
2.5 Digital Signature Provisions
The user represents and warrants that they have the legal right, power and authority to agree to these terms and conditions on their behalf and the member, buyer, supplier or other entity on whose behalf they may be acting while participating in the site. The user also warrants that their use of the website is completely valid, has legal effect, is enforceable, and is binding on, and non-refutable by the user and the member, buyer, supplier or other entity on whose behalf the user is acting.
While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to the African Sky website, this website cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental access by a third party.
African Sky will make its best efforts to ensure the availability of the system. It, however, does not guarantee availability and it will from time to time schedule routine maintenance that will impact on availability.
- Privacy and Protection of Personal Information Policy
African Sky is aware of the need and legalities of internet privacy and intends treating it in accordance with the following policy:
African Sky will take every precaution to protect users’ information. When a user submits personal and private information to African Sky via the website, the information is protected both on-line and off-line.
African Sky will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from that which is disclosed in the website or in other forms of communication. African Sky will, however, disclose information in order to comply with applicable law, legal notices served on it, or in defending its rights or property.
- On-Line Bookings: Terms and Conditions
This agreement governs your use of this internet website and constitutes an agreement between yourself and the Hotel and/or African Sky.
4.1 Deposits and Pre-Payments
- When making reservations online, the booking will be secured by making payment for the first night’s accommodation. Payment must be made by way of a credit card at the time of making the reservation. The reservation will be guaranteed on the express understanding that payment will be made by debiting the aforementioned credit card for the first night’s accommodation (“the deposit”). In the event that the reservation is cancelled within 7 days of arrival or should it not be taken up as reserved, the deposit, together with all ancillary charges and taxes related thereto, will be forfeited.
- Payment on arrival may be required at some African Sky Hotels. All major credit cards are accepted or you may choose to pay the balance cash. You shall make good and be responsible for any damage occasioned to the Hotel which is as a direct result of your actions, irrespective of whether such damage is caused by your negligence, gross negligence or wilful conduct.
4.2 General Terms and Conditions for Reservations
- African Sky may, in its sole and absolute discretion, confirm a booking in writing.
- By making this booking, you warrant that you are over the age of 18. In the event that you are under the age of 18, please contact the Hotel to make booking arrangements. African Sky accepts no liability for any booking made by persons under the age of 18 and the legal guardian of any minor making such booking shall be held responsible for any and all charges related thereto.
- The parties to the contract are you and African Sky. You may not transfer and/or sell any of the accommodation booked through this website to any third party unless the prior written consent of the Hotel is obtained.
- African Sky accepts no liability for the accuracy and/or completeness of the information provided unless same is as a result of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of African Sky. It is recorded that the rate may change from time to time and the rate quoted in respect of an on-line booking is the rate available at the date and time of making the online booking. African Sky records that the rate quoted in the on-line booking may change on notice and by agreement with you. In the event that you wish to extend your stay, the rate offered to you for such extension may be different to the rate quoted at the time of making the on-line booking. Please note further that, should you reduce the period of your stay, then the rate applicable to such shorter period may, at the Hotel’s discretion, be different to the rate quoted for the original on-line booking.
- African Sky may apply minimum length of stay restrictions over weekends, long weekends and peak dates. Rooms and rates are subject to such restrictions and may change at any time without prior notice.
- African Sky records that the website may from time to time be subject to routine enhancements, maintenance and upgrades and accepts no liability for any error and/or miscommunication that may occur at such time.
- African Sky accepts no liability for any loss or damage to your computer or interception or use of credit card information as a result of computer virus, bugs, tampering or unauthorised intervention of the African Sky website or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of African Sky.